Thursday 19 April 2012

Not in my comfort zone!!

Hi there, first of all I'm finally free of the illness and feeling 100% now.

Now on to today's blog entry. I feel very much out of my comfort zone at the moment, well I'm lying, I've felt like that ever since I moved away from home. Don't get me wrong, love the university course but the place itself isn't my preference. It's a small town in the middle of nowhere, heck i hadn't even heard of Buckingham as a place till i actually visited it, stereotypically i used to associate it with where Buckingham Palace is (Duh).

The university itself is quite lovely, my subject that i study is top knotch and i am glad i decided to study further into Journalism now i know that this is the right thing for me. However I am a city man, coming from Birmingham I've normally adjusted to the fast paced environment. There are many shops, clubs etc where i can go to back home whereas in Buckingham there is just a Tesco..come on really? And your 'night out' there is either 13 high street or the OTM which to be quite fair to them have thrown some good parties. But still this is nothing compared to where I am from, I mean one tesco in the whole town, damn it must be a small place.

I also feel that the students I have come across do not know the real me with the exception of one, but I think that friendship fell apart in time majority of it being my fault and I do regret it but hey what can you do? Guess i just miss them! I'll admit I am a very shy person, especially in Buckingham i tend to shy away a lot simply because i do not know everyone well enough. I look around and see everybody getting along with each other, having a good time and i do sometimes think to myself why can't that be me? Why do i not fit in here? With the friends that i have made there i am very greatful for, but i still feel that the real me has yet to be unleashed there and people only know the quiet side of me. Considering how small Buckingham is you'd think everyone knows who you are, truth is i know people by name, but that would be about it. I don't even think people know my name there. Maybe it's my fault, maybe i'm just too shy, maybe i feel way out of my comfort zone that i keep the real me locked away just so i can get on with life there..Who knows? If you'd ask my friends back home in Birmingham they'd tell you how i really am, which would probably appear the complete opposite to the way i am in Buckingham. I'd like to fit in more amongst the students at the University, make my experience much more enjoyable but it's as if something is stopping me from doing so. Who knows maybe Buckingham will see the real me one day? Although at this current moment in time i doubt it!

2 comments: